We, at The Imperial, are committed to assuring the comfort of our guests to the best of our abilities. To that end this ‘access statement’ will help guests to be informed with regards to their comfort before arriving at The Imperial.
- We deal with enquiries by telephone, fax, post, e-mail and by on-line booking
- We are in a central location on a slight hill
- Plymouth train station is a 5 minute taxi journey away; the station has level access and a lift. Taxis are available with accessibility
- The main bus routes are within a 5 minute walking distance. The number 29 stops directly outside.
- The nearest accessible public convenience is 200 yards away on Plymouth Hoe
- If you are concerned about the access to your bedroom please do not hesitate to telephone or email us – we are here to help
Arrival & Car-parking Facilities
- The Imperial has parking for up to 12 cars. Four spaces at the front and 8 to the rear
- On-street parking is free after 1800 hrs until 1000 hrs Monday – Sunday in zone H surrounding The Imperial
- The car-park is tarmac
- The front car-park has access to the reception and ground floor
- There is an exterior bell to alert reception
- Assistance can be provided with luggage
- The car-park is gently sloping
- Public transport is excellent in the area
Main Entrance & Reception
- The main entrance has 4 small concrete steps with varied treads and risers. The first step is 8cm deep and 110 cm wide. The second is 12 cm deep and 48 cm wide, the third is 12cm deep and 54 cm wide and the fourth is 12cm deep and 30 cm wide
- The door is plate glass, side hung and 110 cm wide with a small 2cm wooden step inside
- The reception area is well lit with low voltage bulbs and a comfortable sofa
- The reception is on the ground floor as are 2 single rooms, the dining room for breakfast, bar, lounge and toilets. There is a further one single and one double room on the ground floor with a step before them
- Reception is open between 7am and 10pm, contact details are provided for emergencies
Public Areas – WC
The WC facility in the public area is located on the ground floor next to reception
Laundry services are provided by a local dry cleaners on request
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
We have 20 bedrooms in total over 4 floors (no lift!). Each bedroom comprises a welcome book, wardrobe, chair, desk, mirrors, hairdryer, telephone, books, tea/coffee/hot chocolate & biscuits, a mint and questionnaire, flat screen TV with freeview & DVD, a selection of shower cap/boot polish etc, towels, central heating, and …. oh yes – beds!...
The double beds are a standard size and some of the singles are between single & double size. As part of our environmental policy we provide liquid soap, shower gel & conditioner in the bathrooms.
Lower Ground Floor
This floor has a rear entrance from the car-park accessible by descending 5 steps. Up one step into the ground floor level for rooms 1 – 5.
Room 1 comprises : double bed and a single bed. Bathroom: shower
Rooms 2 & 3 comprise : twin beds. Bathroom: shower
Room 4 comprises : twin beds and a washbasin Bathroom: next door – newly refurbished with bath and shower (only room that is not ensuite)
Room 5 comprises : double bed, single bed and a guest bed. Total sleeping capacity of 5. Bathroom: bath and shower
Stairs to Ground Floor x 15 with a handrail. Rooms 6 - 9
Here you will find the dining room for breakfast, bar, lounge, reception and WC x 2 plus 4 bedrooms. Rooms 6 – 9.
Rooms 6 & 7 comprise : single bed. Bathroom: shower One step leading to room 8 & 9
Room 8 comprises : single bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 9 comprises : single bed. Bathroom: shower.
The stairs to the first floor are wide with a banister. There are 12, a landing and then 11 steps. At the top is a fire door leading to rooms 10 – 15
Room 10 comprises : double bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 11 comprises : kingsize bed. Bathroom: large with a bath and shower
Room 12 comprises : single bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 14 comprises : double bed & a single & a single sofa bed. Bathroom: bath and shower
Room 15 comprises : two rooms.
- Room 1 – double and single bed. Bathroom: bath and shower.
- Room 2 – two small single beds with a washbasin. This is a family suite and the rooms are connected.
There is a fire door leading to 14 stairs up a narrow staircase with another fire door at the top. Rooms 16 – 20.
The second floor is not ideal for people who have had recent operations or suffer from severe arthritis or heart conditions. Please let us know about such ailments to make sure we find the right room for you. If in doubt let us know anyway so that you are not disappointed.
Room 16 comprises : a double bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 17 comprises : a double bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 18 comprises : double bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 19 comprises : kingsize bed. Bathroom: shower
Room 20 comprises : kingsize bed. Bathroom: shower. This room also has a small balcony.
The Imperial, Plymouth
Tel: +44 (0) 1752 227311
Fax: +44 (0) 1752 674986
Grid ref: SX477542
Hours of operation: 7am – 10pm Monday - Sunday
Emergency doctor: 01392 824600
Taxi number: Taxifast 01752 665544
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve